Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe is a delicious cake recipe popular in the Amish communities. This cake is often made using variations of ingredients such as oats and apples to create a delicious flavor for a dessert. The recipe for this cake includes the ingredients, directions, and nutritional information.
Why I Love This Recipe?
It is one of the best recipes for an oatmeal cake. The recipe is easy to follow and can be made within thirty minutes. It makes it a great cake recipe for any occasion.
I also love that this cake has very little sugar and fat. It makes it suitable for people who are on a diet or have dietary restrictions.
How To Make Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 baking dish
- 1 electric mixer (will prepare cake mix easily)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish.
Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl using the electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and salt and continue to cream together until well blended. (Add small amounts of water as needed)
Beat the eggs with lemon extract at low speed until mixed evenly and throughly (about 1 minute). Beat in the dry ingredients until just combined (about1 a minute).
Transfer the batter to the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes clean.
Allow cake to cool in a pan on a rack for 20 minutes before cooling completely on a cooling rack.
If the batter is too thick after mixing, add 1/2 -1 cup of water and combine. The cake recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Two tablespoons of vinegar will help moisten the cake, so add it if you want.
Nutrition Facts Of Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
Amount per serving:
|NutritionAmountCalories254Protein2 gCarbohydrates42 gSodium138 mgFiber1 gFat11 gSugar19 gCholesterol52 mgCalcium4 %DVIron3 %DVAmish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
The nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on the specific ingredients used.
06 Amazing Health Benefits Of Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
1. Provide Energy
The combination of protein, carbohydrates, and dietary fibers in this cake recipe provides a great source of Energy. Oatmeal contains high amino acids, essential in building your muscles and helping elevate your Energy.
2. Strengthens Bones
Oats contain amino acids, which help strengthen your bones. In addition, calcium helps to increase bone density.
3. Reduces Cholesterol Levels
Combining fiber, protein, and healthy fats helps reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
4. Provides Vital Vitamins
The vitamins in this cake recipe provide an array of antioxidants that help fight infections and boost your immune system. The calcium in this cake is also an important source of vitamins that help reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
5. Prevents Cancer
Oats contain selenium which is an important antioxidant that helps to prevent cancers. Oats have been proven to be beneficial in reducing the risk of colon and breast cancer.
6. Lowers Blood Pressure
The combination of calcium, potassium, and magnesium found in this recipe help maintain your blood pressure at a normal level.
10 Tips For Preparing Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
1. Line the baking pan and grease it before pouring in the batter. It will make it easy for you to remove the cake from the pan after it is baked.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to make this cake moister, and add more sugar if you want a sweeter taste.
3. Use whole-wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour if you are trying to eat healthier or avoid gluten products.
4. Add chopped fruit such as bananas or apples to flavor this cake recipe differently.
5. This cake can be frozen for up to two months. Remove from the pan, wrap in plastic, and store in the freezer.
6. Make sure that you mix the batter well before pouring it into the pan to ensure that there will be no lumps formed.
7. Adding 2 tablespoons of vinegar will give a smooth taste to this cake recipe, although adding more sugar will make it sweeter.
8. Mix the batter well to mix in all the ingredients. Also, beat the eggs until they are smooth before adding them to the flour mixture.
9. Add chopped fruit, such as bananas or apples, before placing it into a refrigerator for at least 3 hours before baking.
10. This cake can be frozen for up to two months. Remove from the pan and wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the freezer to freeze until ready to bake.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Is It Healthier?
Yes, it is. Oatmeal contains high levels of folic acids and dietary fibers that help lower the risk of colon cancer. It also can reduce cholesterol levels in the body due to its high level of dietary fiber essential for a healthy heart.
Have any side effects Of the Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe?
No, it is safe to consume. Remember that this cake contains large amounts of sugar and fats, which can sometimes cause weight gain if consumed frequently and in large amounts.
Can I Freeze And Store It?
Yes, the Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe can be frozen for up to two months. Remove from the cake pan, wrap in aluminum foil or plastic bag and place it in your freezer until ready to bake.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
No, pregnant and nursing women should avoid consuming this cake. The sugar and fats in the ingredients can sometimes cause weight gain, which is unsafe for pregnant women.
This Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe is a healthy alternative for everyone who worries about this cake recipe’s sugar and fat contents. It contains large amounts of protein, calcium, and dietary fibers, which help lower the chances of developing different cancers. It is an easy-to-make recipe that will make a great addition to your diet plan.
This Amish Oatmeal Cake Recipe will surely make you feel healthy and energetic for a very long time. We appreciate your taking the time to visit our site and read this post. We hope you will share this recipe on your favorite social network if you find it useful.