Butter Beans Recipe combines roasted butter beans and crispy bacon with spinach and mushroom sauce to top it off. This dish is ideal for a nice dinner on the weekend, where you can whip up an appetizer, main dish, and dessert all at once.
You can use fresh or canned butter beans for this dish. It is best to use fresh beans because they taste more flavorful than canned ones. Fresh butter beans are available in certain supermarkets and can be found during the year’s warmer months.
How to Make Butter Beans Recipe?
- 1 lb. butter beans (2 cups)
- 4 slices bacon (crumbled)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 small onion (dice)
- 1 green bell pepper (dice)
- 2 small red potatoes (dice)
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- A blender or food processor
- A pan to cook the butter beans in
- A saucepan to heat water and then the sauces and seasonings.
The first thing you should do is cook the butter beans. Place the butter beans into a saucepan and then fill it with water until the water level is about 1 inch above the butter beans.
Add a pinch of salt, a dash of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of bacon bits, 1/4 cup of white vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Mix everything and then heat it on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until the beans are soft and tender.
While the butter beans are cooking, prepare the bacon, mushrooms, spinach, and garlic. Place the bacon into a pan and cook until it is nearly done. You can turn the heat down to medium-low if you need to.
Remove the cooked bacon from the pan and then crumble or chop it into small pieces. Repeat this process for the mushrooms and spinach as well.
After the butter beans have finished cooking, strain them from the water and place them into the blender or food processor.
Add 1/4 cup of bacon grease, 2 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 3 tablespoons of light cream cheese into the butter beans. Blend it all until it has a smooth and creamy texture to it.
Next, heat two tablespoons of bacon grease in a pan. Once the oil is heated, place the spinach and mushroom mixture. Stir every once in a while and cook it until it is all tender. After all of the components have been prepared, you can add them to a bowl.
Next, mix the butter beans sauce until everything combines well. Make sure you mix everything well so that all the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the dish. Finally, serve up the plate with a side of toast or bread.
1. It is essential to cook the butter beans as soon as possible. If you do not cook the butter beans, they can become slimy and soggy.
2. If you want to use fresh butter beans, some people recommend boiling them until they are soft, but this method removes the flavor. Some people will also cook them in salted water to help soften them.
3. Make sure you are stirring the butter beans while cooking, and remove them from the heat when they appear to be done. It is difficult to tell whether or not butter beans are tender unless you taste them. If you cook them too much, they will become soggy and slimy.
4. Make sure you are softening the butter beans with a bit of water, so they don’t soak up too much water in the process.
Take To Prepare Butter Beans Recipe
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Serve 4 people.
Nutrition Facts Of Butter Beans Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition data is approximate and is for information only. Nutrition Facts may not be exact because the recipe has been altered and re-tested several times to ensure its accuracy.
06 Amazing Health Benefits of Butter Beans Recipe
1. Butter Beans Recipe are packed with fiber.
2. Butter beans contain a lot of potassium.
3. Butter beans help to regulate blood pressure in the body.
4. Butter beans contain molybdenum, a mineral that helps lower cholesterol levels in the body.
5. Butter beans contain vitamin B6, which helps with heart health and proper functioning of the thyroid gland in the body and is needed for proper metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
6. Butter beans contain vitamin B2, which helps to reduce the risks of heart disease and cancer.
What are butter beans good for?
Butter beans are a good source of protein and are an excellent source of fiber and vitamins B6 and C. They are also rich in iron, which is why they can help reduce the symptoms of anemia in those who suffer from it.
What To Pair With Butter Beans?
Butter beans generally go well with most meats and fish, particularly white ones. They also pair very well with a wet-style sauce as they soak up the flavor and can give out a soft texture.
Are Butter Beans And Lima Beans The Same?
Butter beans and lima beans are not the same and are also not similar to each other. They come in different colors, have entirely different tastes, and have completely different uses. Butter beans may be green, but they are much smaller than your average lima bean and have a much dryer texture. So while they may taste similar to each other, they do come from entirely different plants.
What Is The Healthiest Bean?
- Navy beans.
- Garbanzo beans.
- Butter beans.
- Pinto beans.
- Black beans.
- Chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
- Kidney beans.
- Black-eyed peas.
- Adzuki beans.
- Lima beans (lima).
- Tepary Beans (pinto)
- Southwestern Beans (white).
- Antelope beans (pinto).
- Mung beans.
- Crowder peas.
- Navy beans.
- Red Beans (kidney)
- Cranberry beans (white).
- Canavalini beans (white).
- Lima Beans (butter)
Should Butter Beans Be Rinsed?
Most people rinse their beans before cooking them as it helps remove any dirt and removes some of the gas-producing substances in dried beans. If you choose to rinse your butter beans, make sure you drain them out thoroughly because if you do not, they will soak up a lot of water and take longer to cook.
How Long Should Butter Beans Be Cooked?
According to the general standards for most dried beans, you should cook your butter beans for about 30-45 minutes. Ensure you occasionally stir these beans to prevent them from sticking and burning.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
Like most legumes, butter beans are safe for pregnant and nursing women as they provide a good source of fiber and protein. They generally do not contain harmful bacteria and are especially good for women looking to control their blood sugar levels.
How To Store And Freeze It?
You can freeze butter beans in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag, and they can stay frozen for up to 3 months.
Butter beans are one of those ingredients used in many dishes worldwide, and making them at home is relatively easy. They go really well with all types of protein combined and offer many different health benefits to anyone who eats them.
You can have them as a side dish with some bread or even a hearty soup. Enjoy! I hope you enjoyed the butter beans recipe. If you did, please share it. If you have changed the recipe, please share it in the comments below. Thank you for sharing.