Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is a fun, easy, and delicious recipe perfect for the family. It is a quick and easy cookie recipe with a healthy twist.
It is also great to make when you have company over and are in a hurry. It is a quick and easy dessert with a little bit of time spent on the preparation that yields great results. This recipe is versatile, so try another if you don’t like one kind of cookie!
Benefits Of Eating Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
1. Quick And Easy
It is quick and easy to make this recipe, so you don’t have to spend all day cooking.
2. Healthy Ingredients
This Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe uses healthy ingredients, so it is perfect for those who are trying to eat healthier.
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is a delicious dessert, which means that you will be complemented by your guests when they try it.
4. Rich In Protein
If you are trying to increase your protein intake, chicken is a good source. One hundred grams of cooked chicken contains about 54 grams of protein.
How To Make Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe?
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounces) container vanilla low-fat yogurt (may substitute light sour cream)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Three cups finely shredded cooked chicken breast (about 3 large breasts) (may substitute any white meat such as turkey or pork. Dark meat will result in a greasy cookie.
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cooking spoon
- The baking sheet is covered with parchment paper (for baking cookies)
- Small, 1-quart saucepan with cover
- Medium mixing bowl and wire whisk or electric mixer (for mixing the ingredients for chicken salad)
- Food processor (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine shortening, sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
Combine the flour and baking soda in a small mixing bowl.
Combine vanilla yogurt, beaten eggs, and chicken in a medium mixing bowl (or food processor). Whisk until well combined. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well-mixed. Stir in the chicken breast until evenly distributed.
Place the small mixing bowl into the larger mixing bowl.
Transfer chicken salad onto the baking sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before moving to wire racks.
Cookie Tip #1:
Ensure the chicken is finely-shredded (not in chunks). The smaller pieces of chicken cook more quickly.
Cookie Tip #2:
You can use a food processor to mix up the dough for the cookies and “chicken salad” quickly, but that procedure will result in less tender cookies (the edges of the cookies will be dry, as opposed to moist and soft like they are when mixed by hand in a bowl).
Nutrition Facts Of Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
08 Incredible Freezing Ideas of Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
1. Make cookies in advance and freeze them. You can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
2. Place cookies on cooling racks and freeze. Once frozen, transfer them to a plastic bag. Cookies will keep for about 3 months.
3. Freeze chicken for use in chicken salad recipes (for those who like chicken salad).
4. Place chicken salad in the microwave for 30 seconds. Freeze for use in other recipes.
5. Place chicken salad in ice cube trays and freeze. Transfer frozen cubes to a plastic bag. They will keep for up to 2 months.
6. Mix chicken salad with sour cream, mayonnaise, and Tabasco dash. Freeze for use in recipes.
7. Make chicken salad in advance and freeze for later use anytime you need it.
8. Chicken Salad Sandwich Dipping Baked Macaroni Cheese Recipe is also a fun idea for lunch box treats or snacks!
Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe
1. High Protein
This recipe has a higher protein content than most cookies. The chicken provides much-needed protein to your diet. It is great for lactose intolerants who can not eat dairy products.
2. Good Source Of Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is necessary for the production of red blood cells and for making DNA, so if you’re feeling lethargic or if you’re feeling stressed, B12 may be the answer!
3. Helps Build Healthy Bones
Low calcium intake can lead to weak bones, so a chicken salad cookie is a great snack to eat when you’re on the verge of feeling down.
4. Great Source Of Vitamin A
The vitamin A found in these cookies helps maintain healthy skin, which is another plus if you want to keep yourself looking gorgeous!
5. Contains Iron
Iron helps the body produce red blood cells and prevent anemia, so it’s beneficial for anyone whose energy levels are low!
6. Helps Control Appetite
Fiber is essential to a healthy diet, so eating cookies like these that have fiber will keep your energy levels up and help you stick to a healthy diet.
7. Helps Keep Heart Healthy
Eating chicken salad like this will help keep your heart healthy and reduce the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
- Bake Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 24
What Kind Of Pickles Does Chicken Salad Chick Use?
The pickle we use is a little thicker and saltier than regular pickles. It has crunch, sweetness, and sourness all at the same time!The great thing about this pickle is that it also gives the salad a nice tanginess without adding more vinegar to the recipe. We use pickles a little thicker and saltier than regular pickles.
What Is A Sassy Scotty?
The sassy Scotty is sweet, young, and a lot of fun! It is one of the best positions to get into because you can be more involved with the customer. You will also see all the ingredients being made in front of your eyes.
How Long Is Chicken Salad Chick Good For?
Chicken Salad Chick has a shelf life of about 5 days after it is made. This shelf life can vary depending on the season and storage of the salad. All our salads are made fresh, not frozen, so we only have about 5 days to sell them.
Is Chicken Salad Chick Kosher?
The chicken we use has been processed in a facility that processes dairy products and fish. So, unfortunately, we cannot claim to be Kosher.
What Is The Maximum Number Of Days Chicken Salad Is Prepared In-House?
The maximum number of days the chicken salad will remain fresh while in storage is 5. It can vary depending on how the chicken salad is being stored. Most of our salads are frozen so that they can be kept longer than 5 days.
Can People With Diabetes Eat Chicken Salad?
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie is a recipe that is safe for people with diabetes since it does not contain any ingredients that may cause high blood sugar.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
The Chicken Salad Chick Cookie recipe is safe to eat in pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Is Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe Safe For Children? Chicken Salad Chick cookie is safe for children, but they should be served in moderation.
Can I Freeze Chicken Salad Chick Chicken Salad?
Chicken salad can be frozen. Just freeze it before use, and it will continue to have the same texture and taste as when it was fresh. Our ingredients are all shelf-stable, so no refrigeration is needed to keep them fresh while they are stored.
However, if this is attempted, the chicken salad will last less than 5 days in storage.
What kind of cookies is Chicken Salad Chick?
Chicken Salad Chick is a type of cookie. It’s a butter cookie with chicken salad in the center and is marketed as an “inverted” or “upside-down” cookie. Just one cookie is enough to fill you up.
Who supplies Chick-fil-A cookies?
We bake our cookies in-house daily at our five Atlanta, Georgia, locations. We also have a Charleston, S.C. store that supplies cookies to other stores and customers for special occasions.
What kind of cookie does Chick-fil-A use?
Chocolate chip cookies baked with a crunchy nugget of pecan in the center and filled with chicken salad.
Are Chick-fil-A cookies good?
Chicken Salad Chick is one of the most popular cookies sold in our restaurants. And we’re proud to say that our cookies are great, just like our chicken!
Chicken Salad Chick buttercream frosted cookie recipe
- 2 cups flour,
- 3/4 tsp baking soda,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 egg,
- 2 tsp vanilla extract,
- 1 cup milk,
- 4 oz cream cheese,
- softened (approximately 4 oz) Chicken Salad Chick recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy; add egg and vanilla extract beating well after each addition.
4. Add dry ingredients alternating with the milk a little at a time, beating after each addition until the batter is smooth.
5. Divide dough into fourths, roll each fourth of dough between two pieces of wax paper into 1/4 inch thick rounds, and place rounds in the refrigerator until you are ready to build your cookies.
6. Bake one round at a time, unrolling and removing the top piece of wax paper. Remove the bottom layer of wax paper and place 1 tbsp. of chicken salad in the center; replace the top layer of wax paper.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack, then frosts with cream cheese icing while the cookies are still warm
The Bottom Line
Chicken Salad Chick Cookie Recipe is a delicious treat that you can serve your guests or family. This cookie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and tastes great! Enjoy the recipe and if you enjoy it, leave a rating and share it with your friends!