Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble is a dessert that takes a cake base to new levels of deliciousness. Quite simply, it’s a rich chocolate cake with a cheesecake layer on top, doused in strawberry sauce and topped off with a crumbly crust sprinkled generously with crushed Marie biscuits. Not only does this recipe sound too good to resist, but it also brings impressive health benefits.
Why I Love This Recipe?
- It’s the perfect ending to a delicious Indian meal.
- The crust is so textured and crunchy, so it’s great fun to eat.
- It has a simple crumbly crust that is delicious with every bite, especially when combined with the cheesecake layer and strawberry sauce.
- It is low in calories and fat; in fact, it has less than 50 calories and 3 grams of fat per slice.
- It’s a great way to treat yourself to something special after a hard day at work or when you feel like treating yourself!
How To Make Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble?
For The Crust
- 1 cup crushed Marie Biscuits
- Four tablespoons melted butter
- For The Cheesecake Layer
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- Two tablespoons caster sugar
- Two eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 cups cream, whipped
For The Top
- 2 to 3 strawberries, sliced
- A dollop of whipped cream
- 1 8-inch springform pan
- A large mixing bowl
- A hand beater or a stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crush the Marie biscuits by placing them in a plastic bag and bashing them with a rolling pin or the flat side of a chef’s knife until very fine crumbs have been achieved. Combine the crushed biscuits with melted butter in a small bowl, stirring together using your hand to combine fully.
Place the cream cheese in a bowl, and beat or mix with a hand mixer until it’s smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and mix again, making sure the sugar is well blended. Add the eggs and mix again.
In a separate bowl, beat or stir the cream until soft peaks form.
Pour about two-thirds of the cream cheese mixture into a springform pan, then spread evenly over the top using a skewer or a palette knife.
Spread the cheesecake mixture over the top, and then spread half the crushed biscuits.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheesecake is just beginning to set in the middle and only very lightly golden on top. Let it cool completely before removing it from the cake pan using a knife around the edge. Place the cheesecake on a serving dish.
Pour the strawberry sauce over the top, spreading evenly with a skewer or palette knife.
Cover the strawberry sauce with whipped cream, and add strawberries. Sprinkle the remaining crushed Marie biscuits on top of that, and then drizzle some more strawberry sauce. Finally, finish off by adding a dollop of whipped cream on top!
Slice and serve while the cake is still cold, but the strawberry sauce and whipped cream have a chance to soften the flavors together. Enjoy!
1. If you can’t find Marie biscuits but instead wish to use a mixture of another type of biscuits, such as crispbreads or Digestive biscuits, substitute with 3/4 cup crushed biscuits.
2. Use full-fat cream to make the cheesecake layer for extra flavor. If you make this dessert with condensed milk, it will look very different in appearance and taste!
Nutrition Facts Of Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble
Amount per serving
05 amazing serving ideas of Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble
1. I prefer this dessert on the day I make it, but if you wish to make it the next day, place the cake in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. Remove from the fridge before serving. Enjoy!
2. If you have no room for a cheesecake dessert, serve this chocolate strawberry cheesecake crumble as a small bite-sized snack! It’s just as delicious, plus much healthier!
3. Enjoy this dessert with a glass of milk! It’s the perfect balance for all the sweetness in it.
4. This is one cheesecake dessert to serve at a dinner party. It would be great fun for children to help make, too! It is also the perfect dessert for a dinner party if you’re vegetarian or trying to be healthier.
5. You can keep this dessert simple and choose a single slice or several instead of having it as part of a larger meal.
05 amazing cooking tips for Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble
1. If you’re making this dessert in the summer, it’s a good idea to refrigerate it after it has been at room temperature for a while. It’ll last longer that way.
2. Use any leftover cheesecake mixture to make Chocolate Mousse Pots, too!
3. Leave yourself enough time to allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and serving. It will allow the cheesecake layer to stay smooth instead of turning into a gooey mess when sliced warm from the oven.
4. Be sure to keep the cake chilled while slicing, as this will prevent the slices from sticking together in the middle.
5. Unless you know your oven is very accurate, I’d recommend cooking this cake in a larger oven for about ten minutes longer than it says on the packet before checking it with an internal temperature probe.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 25 minutes
- Cooling time: 2 hours in the fridge
- Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Serves: 8
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
Yes, this cheesecake is completely safe for all people to eat. However, pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers are not recommended to eat too much sugar. This dessert is sugar-free and vegan.
How To Store Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble?
This dessert will last up to 2 days in the fridge.
How To Freeze It?
This dessert can be frozen, but I recommend removing the cake layer from the springform pan, freezing it separately, and then placing it back in its cake pan before serving. Please place it in the freezer uncovered first, then place a lid or wrap it over the top when ready to serve.
This Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble is a light, not-so-filling dessert perfect for springtime or even an Easter treat. It’s rich and creamy, slightly crunching from the biscuit crumb topping. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Thanks so much!
Share This Recipe With Your Friends On Facebook; pin It! Thank you so much for reading this post.