Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe is a family-favorite recipe that’s been around for generations. They are perfect for holiday baking, as they go well with wintery spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. They’re also great paired with your favorite frosting or made into sandwiches with chocolate ganache!
The first step to this delicious cookie recipe is combining flour and salt in a bowl. Add in the vegetable shortening and mix it in until it forms into a crumbly paste.
Then add in the sugar, then mix until well combined.
Benefits Of Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe
- Delicious Holiday Cookie
- Simple To Make
- Great For Leftovers
- Wonderful For Kids To Make
- Can Be Made In Advance
- Accompaniments Are Fantastic
- Can Be Customized To Highlight Special Ingredients
- Goes Well With Winter Spiced Cinnamon
- Finally, Easy Ingredients
How To Make Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pouch or 2 cans of unsweetened, unflavored instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
In another bowl, combine the milk and pudding.
Add the pudding mixture to the flour mixture and the sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
In a small bowl, mix your cocoa powder and baking soda.
Add in 1/2 cup of flour and mix it up very well, then add 3 tablespoons of water and stir it up into a thick paste.
Add this paste to the rest of the dough and stir until just combined.
Cover the dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet and set it aside.
Using a spoon, scoop out a walnut-sized amount of dough. Then roll it into a ball and flatten it into a 1/4 inch thick disc. Repeat this until the dough is gone.
Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are set, and the bottoms are lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 20 minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough until you have 24 cookies.
Once cooled, prepare your frosting of choice. Then frost each cookie with the frosting of your choice and top each with a domino sugar cutout.
Allow your treats to set for about 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts Of Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe
09 Amazing Health Benefits Of Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe
1. Diabetes Prevention
Eating sugar can be harmful to your pancreas and cause diabetes. But, if you eat in moderation, it can be a healthy part of your diet.
2. Keeps Your Brain Healthy
Eating sugar also helps boost your memory and memory skills. And helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease by keeping your brain healthy.
3. Strengthens metabolism
Sugar can also help with metabolism and promote energy production in the body.
4. Keeps Your Heart Healthy
Sugar is also great for heart disease, as it reduces blood pressure and cholesterol. It can also prevent strokes.
5. Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Eating sugar can also help lower cholesterol levels and dental cavities by keeping the tongue clean from bacteria and lowering the need for brushing. Studies show that dentists are less likely to recommend fillings if you eat healthy foods.
6. Prevents Aids And HIV/Aids
Research shows that sugar can lower HIV and aids risk. It also helps prevent cancer and help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Decreases Hunger
Eating sugar can keep you from overeating. And it can reduce feelings of Hunger. is because it increases the levels of hormones that make you feel full after eating something.
8. Good For Teeth
Sugar can help you maintain healthy teeth by keeping your tongue clean and giving you more time to brush using a soft toothbrush. Also, eating sugar can keep your teeth strong and prevent cavities.
9. Prevents Skin Problems
Eating sugar can help prevent many skin problems like rashes and eczema by helping the body produce lipids. Soy, which is high in calcium, is also good for the skin.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Bake Time: 12 to 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 24
What’s the difference between a drop cookie and a cutout cookie?
- The dough is dropped out onto the baking sheet in a ball shape.
- Then, the balls are flattened into a disc shape with a fork or spoon while still warm from the oven.
- The cookies are then allowed to cool before being decorated or eaten.
- Drop cookies are often soft with a moist texture.
- The dough is rolled out into a flat disc shape using a rolling pin.
- It is then cut into shapes using cookie cutters before the dough is baked.
- Cutout cookies are often hard and crunchy with little moisture in them.
Drop and Cutout Cookies
- Made With The Dough Alone.
- Made With The Cookie Dough Decorating Dough.
How do you keep sugar cookie cutouts from spreading?
- Use a generous amount of flour when rolling out the dough.
- Place the rolled-out dough in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
- Roll the cookie dough very thin to prevent spreading in the oven while baking.
- Bake at a slightly lower temperature than you normally would for cookies to help prevent spreading from occurring after cooling and decorating.
- Chill sugar cookies in the fridge for 20 minutes before covering them with royal icing to prevent them from spreading when it is applied.
- Roll the cookie dough thin before cutting out the shapes and placing it in the oven. It will prevent them from spreading when cut out and still warm from the oven.
Is Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe Safe For Diabetics, Heart, And Kidney Patients?
Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe is safe for diabetics, heart, and kidney patients. Sugar is like water for your body and can be used as an energy source. The main ingredient in sugar is fructose which does not raise blood sugar levels even in diabetics or heart patients.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe is safe for pregnant and nursing women. Sugar helps the body in many ways. It is a great source of energy, carbohydrates are essential for your growing baby, and it’s an essential nutrient that fuels your baby’s brain during pregnancy.
Why do my Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipes spread?
- If you chilled your dough too long before rolling it out, your cookies would spread.
- Your cookies need to be baked at a lower temperature for longer to prevent them from spreading.
- Roll the cookie dough very thin to prevent spreading from occurring or improve it if it does occur.
- Chilling the cutout cookies will help them not spread when you cut them out and transfer them to a baking sheet in the oven.
- Chill the rolled-out dough in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking to prevent it from spreading.
- If you find the cookies are spreading after they are baked, use a serrated knife to trim off the edges of each cookie to improve their appearance and help prevent them from spreading.
Can I Freeze And Store It?
You can freeze it after you have prepared the recipe. Wrap it well in plastic wrap before freezing it. Please take out the wrapped cookie dough, and put it in a sealed freezer bag after thawing it at room temperature. It should be good for up to 2 months in your refrigerator and 3 months in your freezer if you store it properly.
Domino Sugar Cutout Cookie Recipe is a wonderful recipe for diabetics and heart and kidney patients. Sugar can be used as a source of energy for the body. The main ingredient in sugar is fructose which does not raise blood sugar levels even in diabetics or heart patients.
Some tips will teach you how to make great-tasting cookies without all the unhealthy ingredients that go into most store-bought cookies. These cookies are soft and chewy but not mushy. They are great for sharing with family and friends, even better when you can share the recipe with them.