Are you a fan of soft, buttery, and utterly delightful cookies? If so, you’re in for a treat! Today, we’re sharing a mouthwatering recipe for French Buttercream Cookies that will leave you craving for more. These heavenly cookies have a unique texture that melts in your mouth, and the luscious buttercream filling adds a burst of flavor that will make you swoon. So let’s grab our aprons and get baking!
Table of Contents
Ingredients You’ll Need:
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Buttercream Filling:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Creaming the Butter and Sugar
In a large mixing bowl, start by creaming the softened butter and granulated sugar together until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. This process will give your cookies that incredible tender texture that’s characteristic of French buttercream cookies.
Step 2: Adding the Egg and Vanilla
Now, crack in the large egg and add the vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture. Blend everything until well combined. The egg adds richness to the dough, and the vanilla imparts a beautiful flavor that complements the buttery goodness.
Step 3: Mixing the Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft and cohesive dough forms. If the dough is a little sticky, don’t worry, it’s supposed to be that way.
Step 4: Shaping the Cookies
Flour your work surface, and using a rolling pin, roll out the cookie dough to about ¼ inch thickness. Now, you have two options: you can either use cookie cutters to cut out charming shapes or go for a more rustic approach by shaping small balls and flattening them with your hands. Whichever you choose, these cookies will taste divine!
Step 5: Baking the Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the cookies on the prepared sheets, leaving some space between each one. Bake for around 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. It’s essential not to overbake them to maintain their softness.
Step 6: Preparing the Buttercream Filling
While the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes, let’s prepare the delectable buttercream filling. Beat the softened butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract until the filling is velvety and well combined.
Step 7: Assembling the Sandwich Cookies
Once the cookies have cooled completely, it’s time to create some cookie magic! Spread a dollop of the buttercream filling onto the bottom of one cookie and gently press another cookie on top, creating a sandwich cookie. Repeat the process until all cookies are transformed into delightful French Buttercream Cookie sandwiches.
Indulge in Blissful Bites!
Voilà! Your French Buttercream Cookies are ready to delight your taste buds and impress your friends and family. These cookies make for a wonderful treat during afternoon tea, a sweet addition to a dessert spread, or a thoughtful homemade gift. No matter the occasion, they’re guaranteed to bring smiles and joy.
So go ahead, savor the buttery bliss, and embrace the sheer delight of these French Buttercream Cookies. Happy baking!
Nutrition Facts On French Buttercream Cookie Recipe
- Calories: Approximately 180-220 calories
- Total Fat: 10-15g
- Saturated Fat: 6-9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30-40mg
- Sodium: 50-100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22-26g
- Dietary Fiber: 0-1g
- Sugars: 12-16g
- Protein: 1-2g
07 Amazing Health Benefits Of French Buttercream Cookie Recipe
French Buttercream Cookies are undoubtedly a delectable indulgence, but it’s important to remember that they are treats and should be enjoyed in moderation. While they may not offer significant health benefits, some ingredients used in the recipe could have positive effects in other forms. Here are some potential health benefits associated with some of the ingredients:
1. Butter: Butter is a source of healthy fats, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These fats are essential for brain health, hormone production, and the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). Additionally, butter contains small amounts of vitamins A and D.
2. Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of high-quality protein, containing all essential amino acids. They also provide essential nutrients like choline, selenium, and vitamin B12, which are important for brain function and metabolism.
3. Vanilla Extract: Though used in small amounts, pure vanilla extract contains antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and protect against cell damage.
4. All-Purpose Flour: While all-purpose flour is a staple in baking, it is worth noting that whole grain flours offer more nutritional benefits as they retain more fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
5. Unsalted Butter and Salt: Using unsalted butter and controlling the amount of salt can help manage sodium intake, which is essential for maintaining proper fluid balance in the body.
6. Moderation and Enjoyment: Indulging in treats like French Buttercream Cookies in moderation can contribute to a healthy relationship with food. Enjoying a small portion mindfully can uplift mood and satisfy cravings.
7. Baking as a Stress Reliever: Baking can be a relaxing and enjoyable activity, providing a creative outlet and reducing stress levels.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
The preparation time for French Buttercream Cookies is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on your baking experience and the specific steps you take. Here’s a breakdown of the estimated time:
- Gathering Ingredients and Equipment: 5-10 minutes.
- Making the Cookie Dough: 15-20 minutes.
- Shaping the Cookies: 10-15 minutes.
- Baking the Cookies: 10-12 minutes per batch (multiple batches may be needed).
- Preparing the Buttercream: 10-15 minutes.
Assembling the Cookies:
- Filling the Cookies: 10-15 minutes.
- Cooling the Cookies: 20-30 minutes.
Is It Safe for Pregnant, Nursing Women And children?
French Buttercream Cookies are generally safe for pregnant and nursing women and children when consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. However, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients to ensure there are no allergens or substances that might be harmful to certain individuals. For example, if anyone has a known allergy to eggs, wheat, or dairy (butter), they should avoid these cookies.
- Portion Size: As with any treat, it’s essential to consume French Buttercream Cookies in moderation. Excessive consumption of sugary or high-fat treats can contribute to weight gain and potential health issues.
- Raw Eggs: In the traditional recipe, French Buttercream Cookies contain raw eggs in the buttercream filling. While the risk of contracting salmonella from raw eggs is relatively low, pregnant women, nursing women, and young children are more susceptible to foodborne illnesses. Consider using pasteurized eggs or using a heat-treated method for the buttercream if you have concerns.
- Nutrition: French Buttercream Cookies are not particularly nutritious and are high in sugar and fat. Pregnant and nursing women, as well as children, have increased nutrient needs, so it’s essential to focus on a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods.
- Gestational Diabetes: Pregnant women with gestational diabetes should be cautious about consuming sugary treats like French Buttercream Cookies, as they can cause spikes in blood sugar levels. It’s best to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian for personalized dietary advice.
- Caffeine: Some recipes may include chocolate or coffee-flavored elements, which contain caffeine. Pregnant women are typically advised to limit caffeine intake, so consider using caffeine-free alternatives if necessary.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
French buttercream cookie recipe can be stored at room temperature for up to 10 days in a tightly covered container.
As long as it doesn’t come into contact with water, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. Before freezing, store them in an airtight pouch and label them with ‘French Buttercream Cookies.’
French Buttercream Cookies are a delightful and indulgent treat that brings a smile to everyone’s face. While they may not provide significant health benefits, they offer a moment of pure bliss when enjoyed in moderation.
French Buttercream Cookies are best enjoyed as an occasional treat as they are high in sugar and fat. It’s essential to balance them with a nutritious diet that includes a variety of wholesome foods.
Baking these cookies can be a joyful and creative activity, perfect for spending quality time with loved ones. Sharing these delectable treats with friends and family can create lasting memories and strengthen social bonds.