Herb Butter Recipe is a simple, versatile, and flavorful way to add herby flavour to your cooking. It’s super easy to prepare —pick your favourite herbs and whiz them up in the food processor with some butter.
It’s also great as a spread on bread, crackers, grilled meats, poultry and fish. Try it chilled as a dip for vegetables or alongside seafood. I love to serve it with steamed cauliflower.
How to Make Herb Butter Recipe?
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tender herbs of choice(parsley, oregano, rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- Food processor
- Cutting board
- Small bowl or cup
- Use a saucepan to heat the water and then the sauces and seasonings.
Add softened butter, salt, pepper, and herbs in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour the herb butter into a small bowl and stir in lemon zest.
Be sure that the herb butter is warm or at room temperature, so spread it out on a piece of wax paper and let it cool to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
1. You can use a mixer with a paddle attachment to make the herb butter or use your hands to blend the herbs and butter.
2. If it is too dry to spread, add cold water and blend again.
3. If the herbs are too woody, chop them finer.
4. If you don’t have a food processor, use a knife to chop the herbs roughly and then push them down into the bowl of butter. Then, stir or beat with a mixer until well combined.
Take To Prepare Herb Butter Recipe
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Softening Time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Number of servings: 36 servings
Nutrition Facts Of Herb Butter Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition data is approximate and is for information only. Nutrition Facts may not be exact because the recipe has been altered and re-tested several times to ensure its accuracy.
How Long Does Herb-Infused Butter Last?
Herb butter will last for about 3 weeks when stored refrigerated.
Should Herb Butter Be Refrigerated?
Store any unused herb butter in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. If it gets too hard, remove it from the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature for about 20 minutes or until softened.
What Butter Is Best For Infusing?
Creamy butter, such as butter from grass-fed cows, is more flavorful and will taste better because the herbs won’t get washed away. The recipe calls for softened butter, but you can use room-temperature butter for a firmer texture.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. If you have any queries regarding Herb Butter Recipe, please write them in the comments section and if you like this article, please share them with your social media friends.