Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe is a delightfully easy recipe to make and a great way to use up leftover cookies. It is the perfect dessert for when you are craving something sweet with a more prosperous, creamier consistency than traditional ice cream. These are perfect for any occasion and a wonderful dessert for special events. These cookies are versatile and can be adapted to fit any need or preference.
This recipe is perfect for baking groups and banquets seating. You can prepare the cake in advance and assemble the sandwiches when needed. These are pretty simple to make, with the instructions provided below.
Benefits of Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- You will get a very satisfying dessert recipe.
- You can adjust the ingredients to meet your preferences; for example, reduce or increase the quantities of eggs, jam, and chocolate.
- The cookie recipe is quite simple to make; all you need is everyday kitchen utensils.
- The texture of this cake is more sophisticated than just a crunchy cookie; it is also more tender and creamier than your traditional ice cream.
- You can prepare this dessert at home with common household appliances.
- This recipe is versatile and easy to adjust for any occasion or taste.
- This dessert stands out because of its unique texture and flavor.
- Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe can be prepared in advance and used on short notice.
- The cookies are a great alternative to ice cream at a low cost.
How To Make Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe?
- 2 cups cake flour (sifted)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar (white)
- Two eggs (beaten)
- Two teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups jam (your favorite)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Pan
Take a bowl and put in two eggs, one cup of jam, 1½ cups of sugar, and two teaspoons of vanilla. Mix all the ingredients well. In another bowl, take a cup of flour and a teaspoon of baking powder and mix well with the remaining flour into a crumbly mixture.
Add the chocolate chips and melt them in a microwave for 30 secs or until they become soft enough to be mixed with other ingredients without melting. After the chocolate chips are melted, add them to the flour mixture and mix them with a spoon.
In another bowl, take a teaspoon of butter and put one cup of sugar and cream. Spread this mixture on a baking sheet on the baking pan (use parchment paper).
Prepare another baking sheet with the same baking pan for topping your cake later after it is baked. Take a baking pan and put in it one cup of butter in. Spread the butter evenly on the baking pan, leaving a 1-inch space along the edges to bake later.
After the cookie is baked, put in every tablespoon of chocolate chips and roll them in a mold shape (round). Repeat this step for every cookie. After you move, flatten the top by pressing hard with your hands or a spoon to make a nice uniform thickness of the cookie.
Set the cookie sheet with butter on the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool for a few minutes after it, then spread cookies with another cookie layer (like you did with the first cookie).
Repeat this step for every four cookies you have to make. Put in oven and bake for 10 minutes; take it out, relax, and put them in a bag to serve later.
- Before baking, your cookie should be cooled down to room temperature.
- Could you put softer cookies in the oven for 15 minutes? If you like crunchier cookies, keep them in the range for only 10 minutes.
- If you make this recipe in advance and need to store it, put it in the freezer to ensure its texture remains consistent over a more extended period.
- Do not forget to grease the baking pans before starting your recipe.
Nutrition Facts Of Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Amount per serving (1g)
The nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on the specific ingredients used.
09 Amazing serving ideas for Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe
1. Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe can be served as a snack.
2. It can also be served with milk or milk substitute.
3. You can serve them with ice cream on the side to make it a dessert.
4. Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe can be served as an accompaniment to any drink of your choice, like coffee, tea, milkshake, or soya milk mix.
5. Jam sandwich cookies recipe can be served as a cupcake dessert.
6. If you want to serve Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe as an after-dinner treat, you can put it in a mini ice cream tray with dollops of jam on it and help them with a glass of milk or soya milk or hot cocoa mix.
7. Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe can be served as a dessert for breakfast, for example, with buttermilk and berries or yogurt and banana.
8. Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe can be served as a midnight snack by putting in small bowls, like a tower.
9. You can also make Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe into different shapes to look like other desserts that you have seen before.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total cooking time: 40 minutes.
- Servings: 8 servings
How Do You Thicken Jam For Cookie Filling?
The best way to thicken your jam is to use sieved or crushing power. Add one tablespoon of flour to 1/4 cup of your favorite spot and mix well. Add the mixture to your cookie, filling alternatively with milk. You can add nuts and chocolate chips for more flavor and taste variation.
How Do You Keep Sandwich Cookies From Getting Soggy?
To prevent your cookies from getting soggy, spray nonstick cooking oil or put a sheet of aluminum foil on both sides before serving them for protection. You can also put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later consumption. Keep them out at room temperature to thaw and soften before eating if your cookie is kept frozen.
Can You Freeze Jam Sandwich Cookies?
Jam sandwich cookies can keep in a freezer for 2-3 months. Putting them on the freezer shelf is advisable if you want to keep them longer. Always defrost them in a microwave before serving them later.
How Long Are Jam Sandwich Cookies Good?
You can keep sandwich cookies in the fridge until they get to spoil, and then, they will only last a day or two, so eat it as soon as possible as they start deteriorating quickly.
Do Jam-Filled Cookies Need To Be Refrigerated?
You need to refrigerate jam-filled cookies to maintain their freshness and food safety.
Can I Use My Favorite Jam?
You can use any jam you want for filling. It is best to use a high-quality one as it will be eaten and spread quickly. As a rule, jelly should not be used for this recipe as it does not set up or spread well and will make your cookies soggy.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
It is safe for pregnant and nursing women to consume this recipe. Jam sandwich cookies can provide some essential nutrients you need during pregnancy, like folic acid and vitamin B6. They are also rich in calcium, iron, and protein. Nursing women need vitamins like Vitamin B6 that help make breast milk production easier.
Jam sandwich cookies are delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. They are an excellent choice for a dessert, snack, or breakfast, and you can customize the recipe to suit your taste, food preferences, and nutritional needs.
You can use your favorite jam filling in the recipe. It is an easy all-purpose treat that can be made easily at home yourself! If you liked this recipe and want to see more recipes, please share it with your friends on social media.