Are you looking for a healthy, delicious meal that’s quick and easy to make? Look no further than a kale chicken salad! This flavorful salad is packed with protein and nutrients, making it the perfect option for a satisfying and nutritious lunch or dinner.
Table of Contents
How To Make Kale Chicken Salad?
- One bunch of kale, washed and dried
- Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Once you have your ingredients, you can start! Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F. Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
2. While the chicken is cooking, you can prepare your kale. Remove the stems and chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place the kale in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Whisk the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Once the chicken is finished cooking, let it cool for a few minutes before slicing it into strips.
4. Add the sliced chicken, pecans, feta cheese, and dried cranberries to the bowl with the kale. Drizzle the dressing and toss everything together until the kale is evenly coated.
5. And voila! Your delicious and nutritious kale chicken salad is ready to enjoy. This recipe is easily customizable, so feel free to experiment with different toppings or dressings to find your perfect combination.
As mentioned in the blog post, kale chicken salad provides various health benefits. Here are some more details about the health benefits of the key ingredients in the salad:
Kale is a leafy green vegetable that is packed with nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as calcium, iron, and antioxidants. Consuming kale has been linked to improved heart health, lower blood pressure, and a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
Chicken is a lean source of protein, meaning it contains a high amount of protein per calorie. Consuming protein is essential for building and repairing muscles, maintaining a healthy weight, and feeling full and satisfied. Chicken is also a good source of essential amino acids necessary for many bodily functions.
Pecans are a nut rich in healthy fats, fibre, and protein. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E and magnesium. Eating pecans has been linked to improved heart health, lower cholesterol levels, and a reduced risk of certain cancers.
Feta cheese is a type of cheese that is made from sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep’s and goat’s milk. It is lower in fat and calories than many other types of cheese but still provides a good source of calcium and protein. Consuming feta cheese in moderation can be part of a healthy diet.
Dried cranberries are a good source of fibre, vitamins, and antioxidants. They have been linked to improved digestive health, reduced inflammation, and a reduced risk of certain diseases, such as urinary tract infections.
Overall, the kale chicken salad provides a variety of nutrients and health benefits. Consuming a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods can help improve overall health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases
Take To Prepare
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes (for the chicken)
- Total Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 2-4, depending on serving size
Can you eat kale raw in a salad?
Yes, kale can be eaten raw in a salad. Raw kale is often used in salads because it is a hearty leafy green that holds up well when mixed with dressing and other salad ingredients. Raw kale has a slightly bitter taste and a tough texture, so massaging it with olive oil or sauce is often recommended to help break down the fibres and make it more tender.
Are kale salads good for weight loss?
Kale salads can be a good option for weight loss because kale is low in calories and high in fibre, which can help you feel full and satisfied. Additionally, kale contains nutrients, such as vitamins A, C, and K, and minerals like calcium and iron. These nutrients can help support a healthy metabolism and overall weight loss efforts.
Does kale need to be cooked for a salad?
Kale does not need to be cooked for salad, but as mentioned above, it can be beneficial to massage the kale with oil or dressing to help soften the leaves. Some people also prefer to blanch kale for a few seconds in boiling water before using it in salads to help ease it.
Does kale go well in salads?
Kale can be a great addition to salads because it adds a crunchy texture and a slightly bitter flavour that pairs well with other ingredients. It can also provide a boost of nutrients and fibre to your salad. Some popular ingredients to pair with kale in salads include fruits like apples or pears, nuts like almonds or pecans, and cheese like feta or goat cheese.
In conclusion, kale chicken salad is a delicious and healthy option for a satisfying meal. The salad is packed with nutrients, such as protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals, which can help support overall health and well-being.
Additionally, kale is a versatile leafy green that can be used raw in salads and pairs well with a variety of other ingredients, making it a great addition to any salad recipe. Whether looking for a quick and easy meal on a busy weeknight or trying to incorporate more nutrient-dense foods into your diet, kale chicken salad is a great option.