Essential Lime Cookies Recipe is the perfect treat for any occasion. This recipe is easy, and the ingredients can be found in any grocery store. These delicious cookies will melt in your mouth, leaving you wanting more. The key ingredient in this recipe is the key limes, which add a wonderful flavor to the cookie.
The base of the recipe is butter, which makes them very soft and flaky. The zest of the limes adds a tangy taste and scent, so it does not overpower the cookies. Freshly squeezed lime juice adds great flavor without adding too much liquid sugar to the dough.
benefits of Key Lime Cookies Recipe
- Key lime is a citrus fruit related to the lemon, with a more acidic taste. It is native to Florida, giving the cookies a unique Florida flavor.
- Low in fat and high in vitamin C, these delicious cookies are also a great source of vitamin A and calcium.
- All the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store and are affordable.
- These cookies are delicious to eat immediately or stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
- These cookies freeze well, so it is convenient to have them on hand when you need a special treat.
- They are an excellent option for summer parties, especially if you live in Florida.
How To Make Key Lime Cookies Recipe?
- 1 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest one lime
- Two egg yolks
- One tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Bowl for mixing dough.
Add the shortening, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and lime zest to the mixing bowl. Using a spatula, mix all ingredients until well combined.
Add the egg yolk and lime juice to the dough and stir it with a spatula. Continue mixing until everything is well incorporated into the dough. If you want a softer cookie batter, add two teaspoons of water. You want the dough to be soft but not overly wet, like cake batter.
Put the dough on a baking sheet and press it into a flat cookie. The cookie will be about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick. Bake the cookies at 350 Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are slightly browned.
Let the cookies cool a while before you eat them to be crispy. Store in an airtight container or freeze for more extended storage.
- To make the cookies smaller or more significant than the recipe, use a cookie cutter of the same size.
- You can replace granulated sugar with brown sugar.
- It will certainly taste different and still be good, although you should note that brown sugar will give the cookies a slightly darker color. Since they are chocolate, they are not suited as chocolate chip cookies.
- Substitute eggs with yolks instead of whole eggs to reduce fat.
- Instead of flour, you can also use oatmeal or bran as an alternative.
- For faster, easier and lower fat eating, cut the dough in half and form a ball instead of rolling it out on the baking sheet. Then roll each half into thin rounds (about 2 inches). Top with powdered sugar and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes after the first round comes out of the oven.
You can substitute limes for lemons for a different flavor.
Nutrition Facts Of Key Lime Cookies Recipe
Amount per serving
The nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on the specific ingredients used.
10 fantastic health benefits of Key Lime Cookies Recipe
1. Obesity is a significant concern for Americans, so ways to reduce fat intake are much needed.
2. Too much salt in your diet can cause health problems like high blood pressure and kidney problems, so it is important to limit salt intake.
3. Consuming foods high in Vitamin C can help fight colds and the flu.
4. If you have health problems not listed in this recipe’s nutrition facts, try to avoid the ingredient.
5. Eggs are the largest source of cholesterol in your diet, so be sure only to eat those needed for your body.
6. Zinc is a mineral that can help keep your skin healthy and fight acne and eczema. It helps increase testosterone production and reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
7. If a woman is trying to get pregnant, zinc can increase the chance of pregnancy.
8. Eating oatmeal helps control diabetes so you can eat this delicious cookie guilt-free.
9. Vitamin A and calcium can help prevent bone problems like osteoporosis and arthritis.
10. You can prevent the risk of heart disease by reducing cholesterol levels in your blood and increasing “good” cholesterol.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preparation time: 15 minutes.
- Cook time: 20 minutes.
- Total time: 35 minutes.
- Servings: 24
Can I use regular limes in place of Key limes?
The answer is yes, but Key limes will have a much better flavor and texture. Generally, they are only in season from November through May, so you will likely have to go to the grocery store at the beginning of the year. If you use regular limes, it may be necessary to add some extra water since they will not be as tart.
Can you use lime juice instead of Key lime juice for Key lime pie?
Yes, this is an excellent idea. Just use half the key lime juice and add the other half of your favorite flavor.
How do you juice Key limes fast?
Key limes have thick skin that is filled with juice. The easiest way to peel the skin off is to cut it in half and then run warm water over the cut side of the lime until some of the juice comes out.
Then you can use one hand to squeeze the other half of the lime from its flesh. You can squeeze them over your kitchen sink and then use a knife to remove them from the pulp.
What is unique about Key limes?
Key limes are smaller than Persian or Tahitian limes and have thin, bumpy skin that is green in color with tiny yellow specks. They are highly acidic and have a bitter taste, making them the best for cooking and baking.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
Essential lime cookies are safe for pregnant and nursing women to eat. It would help if you did not worry about this delicious cookie contributing to developing any congenital disabilities in your unborn child.
They will undoubtedly contribute to a healthy pregnancy as they contain healthy carbohydrates, sugars, and proteins that are free from fat and cholesterol.
Can I freeze the Key Lime Cookies Recipe?
You can freeze baked cookies for up to 1 month. You cannot freeze the uncooked dough. Instead, prepare the dough according to the recipe and then store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator until you are ready to bake the cookies. If you are going to bake straight from the freezer, reduce your baking time by about 10 minutes.
If you love Key Lime Pie, you will go crazy over these delicious cookies made with real Key Lime juice. They have a great combination of sweet and tart flavors that make them ideal for a snack or dessert.
You have learned everything you need about the famous Key Lime Cookies Recipe, so I hope you will try it. This recipe is delicious, and you can enjoy it without worrying about side effects.