Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is a dessert recipe favorite among most people. It is a quick recipe to make and is made from ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This cookie can be served as a dessert on its own or as an accompaniment to ice cream.
This mango oatmeal cookie recipe will remind you of summer with just one bite. Mango adds flavor and texture to these popular cookies that are perfect for any occasion.
Why I Love This Recipe?
- It is easy to make!
- You can easily make these at home with a short list of ingredients.
- Mango adds layers of flavor to the cookies and makes them super delicious.
- These cookies taste great with any beverage, but coffee is an excellent way to enjoy them.
- It is also a healthy recipe!
How To Make Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon of butter softened at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Two eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Three tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, finely chopped into small pieces (optional)
- For Mango Topping: 1 mango peeled and diced (about 1/3 cup)
- Oven-safe cookie sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Electric mixer
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy in another medium bowl. Add brown sugar and mix to combine thoroughly.
Add in eggs one at a time until both are completely incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract and mango pieces (using a spoon or spatula). Mix well to combine all ingredients into the batter.
Sift the flour mixture over the mixture and mix until combined into a smooth batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned and set.
While the cookies are baking, prepare the mango topping: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine well. Set aside while making the cookies. (You can prepare this while they are baking.)
When baking the cookies, remove them from the oven and immediately top each one with a mango topping.
1. You can use fresh or frozen mangoes for this recipe, whichever you prefer.
2. I used a variety of mangoes for the topping, which adds color and flavor to this cookie.
3. This recipe is really easy to make and tastes amazing! You can also try other possibilities with the topping that you like!
Nutrition Facts Of Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Amount per serving:
The nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on the specific ingredients used.
06 Amazing Health Benefits Of Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
1. Lower Blood Pressure
Mango oatmeal cookies can help lower blood pressure with their nutrients. Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is known for its positive effects on the cardiovascular system. The vitamin C in mangos also contributes to the production of collagen needed for healthy skin, ligaments, and bones.
2. Improved Mental Status
Mango is rich in monoamines, vital in producing neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. Serotonin is known for its ability to relieve depression and improve mood. Mangoes also contain nutrients known for promoting brain development, such as folate, which is believed to be responsible for improving mental functioning.
3. Benefits For Digestion
Many mangoes are rich in fiber and bromelain, promoting healthy digestion through improving bowel movements. Fibrous vegetables like mangoes are believed to help reduce gas and bloating.
In addition, fiber alleviates constipation, improves digestion, and normalizes bowel movement. The fiber also reduces the risk of colon cancer and irritable bowel syndrome while improving overall bowel movements.
4. Prevents Cancer
Mango contains a type of antioxidant called beta-cryptoxanthin that can destroy free radicals linked to diseases like heart disease, Cancer, and diabetes by blocking their harmful effects on cells. Free radicals also damage DNA, which is believed to be a major factor in cancer development.
5. Helps Combat Diabetes
Mango and its constituents can help protect against type 2 diabetes caused by an imbalance between insulin action and insulin-releasing hormones. The beta-cryptoxanthin in mangoes helps prevent the onset of diabetes by helping transform the sugars that enter your bloodstream into energy.
best serving ideas for Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
These are the most popular ways to enjoy mango oatmeal cookies:
- With coffee or tea
- With ice cream or other sweets
- As a dessert on its own or as an accompaniment to ice cream
- As a snack on its own for a quick pick-me-up
- For breakfast with milk or yogurt
- With banana slices or other fruit slices (apples, oranges)
- For an after-school snack
- As a late-night snack
- For a dessert with milk or yogurt
- To accompany milk tea, which is an Asian drink made from tea with pieces of fruit and ice
- To accompany green tea, which is made from the same type of tea as coffee, but with leaves added to give it a more grassy flavor and aroma that also has health benefits for heart and brain health
12. As an accompaniment to turkey breast or pork chop dinner
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 12
Have any side effects Of the Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe?
No side effects have been reported from the use of this recipe. If you have any side effects, talk to your doctor since you may be sensitive to one of the ingredients.
Can I Freeze And Store It?
Yes, you can freeze and store it. You can also refrigerate the leftover portion for up to a week. But be sure to use it within two weeks from when you made it.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
It is safe for pregnant and nursing women. It is also safe while breastfeeding. It should not be given to children under the age of 3.
Mango Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is a great recipe for sunshine-filled days and keeping your immune system in good shape, but it is not the only fruit that can make you happy. Try this healthy and enjoy the many benefits of eating mangoes! Add your comments and share them below!