Oriental Chicken Salad is a delicious and healthy dish for those looking for a light yet filling meal. This dish combines tender, juicy chicken with a medley of crisp and colorful vegetables tossed together in a flavorful and tangy dressing.
This dish isn’t just delightful, but it’s also staggeringly simple to make and is an extraordinary method to change your week-by-week feast plans. Whether you’re searching for a fast lunch or a delicious supper, this dish is sure to please. Thus, how about we begin this delightful and nutritious excursion with the Oriental Chicken Plate of Mixed Greens?
- Four boneless chicken breasts
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed greens
- One red bell pepper, julienned
- One yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Four tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of sesame oil
- One tablespoon honey
- One clove of garlic, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.
4. Allow the chicken to cool, then dice it into bite-sized pieces.
5. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, red and yellow bell peppers, shredded carrots, red onion, and sliced almonds.
5. Mix the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and garlic in a small bowl to create the dressing.
7. Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing and divide it among four plates.
8. Top each salad with diced chicken and serve immediately.
take to prepare
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
05 best Health Benefits of Oriental Chicken Salad:
1. High in protein: Chicken is an excellent source of protein, providing the body with the building blocks it needs to repair and rebuild muscles.
2. Low calories: This salad is a low-calorie option, making it an excellent choice for those watching their weight.
3. Rich in vitamins and minerals: Bell peppers, carrots, and almonds provide a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and potassium.
4. Heart healthy: The combination of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats from olive oil, sesame oil, and almonds help to reduce harmful cholesterol levels and improve overall heart health.
5. Boosts immunity: Garlic, a key ingredient in the dressing, has antibacterial and antiviral properties and can help to boost the immune system.
How To Store and Freeze Oriental Chicken Salad:
To store, cover the salad and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To freeze, place the salad in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. Allow thawing in the refrigerator before serving. Note: the texture of the vegetables may change after freezing and thawing.
Is Chinese Chicken Salad Chinese?
Chinese Chicken Salad is not a traditional Chinese dish; its origins are actually in the United States. The salad is believed to have been created in the 1960s by Cecilia Chiang, a chef who owned a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco. She combined Chinese ingredients like wonton strips and sesame seeds with western ingredients like lettuce, chicken, and a vinaigrette dressing to create a unique and flavorful salad that became popular in the United States.
Although the salad’s name suggests that it has Chinese origins, it is a fusion dish combining Chinese and Western ingredients and flavors. Nonetheless, it has become a popular dish in many restaurants and homes across the United States. It has even adapted to different dietary preferences, such as vegetarian or gluten-free options.
Why is chicken salad called a salad?
The term “salad” can describe a wide variety of dishes that typically contain a mixture of vegetables, fruits, or other ingredients. In the case of chicken, salad is generally made by combining cooked chicken with vegetables, fruits, nuts, and a dressing or mayonnaise, creating a mixture that is often served chilled.
In conclusion, the Oriental Chicken Salad is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is easy to make at home. The combination of crisp vegetables, tender chicken, and crunchy toppings, all tossed in a tangy dressing, creates a perfect balance of textures and flavors.
This salad is an excellent option for a light lunch or dinner and can customize to your liking by adding or substituting ingredients. This recipe allows you to enjoy a delicious Oriental Chicken Salad anytime without visiting a restaurant.