Peanut Butter Cake Recipe is an incredibly delicious dessert recipe. It is made of two layers of cake and a cream cheese frosting. The cake is airy and light chocolate; the frosting is fluffy, sweet and creamy. The rich chocolate and peanut butter flavour make it a delectable cake that children and adults love.
The peanut butter frosting is the perfect complement to this quick and easy cake for many occasions. It can be served for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or even the dessert table. The rich taste and the smooth texture of the peanut butter will have everybody begging you to make them another slice.
Why I Love This Recipe?
- The mixture of two different types of chocolate, mocha and peanut butter, makes it super rich and creamy.
- The cake is soft, tender and light from the airy chocolate sponge. The frosting is smooth and creamy from the cream cheese with the nutty peanut butter flavour.
- I love the luscious combination of peanut butter, chocolate and cream cheese. It is a great cake to serve for birthdays, special events, or even to treat yourself when you’re craving something good.
- It is quick, simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- The cake can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer for a quick, easy and fuss-free dessert for entertaining.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cake Recipe?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 round 9-inch baking pans
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor or electric mixer
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the two 9-inch round baking pans with butter or cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
With an electric mixer or food processor, combine softened butter and peanut butter until smooth, creamy and well blended. Add sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until smooth and well blended. The batter will be creamy and fluffy.
Divide the batter between prepared baking pans evenly and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with just a few crumbs attached to it. Cool in pans for 10 minutes on a wire rack before moving to a cool rack to cool completely.
- Do not open the oven during baking. The cake will sink in the centre if you do.
- Use room-temperature eggs and butter to prevent the mixture from curdling or separating during the mixing process.
- Please ensure that all the ingredients are at room temperature and well combined before adding them to the batter or frosting, as it is essential for a smooth, light texture to your cake.
Take To Prepare Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 10
Nutrition Facts Of Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Nutrition data is approximate and is for information only. Nutrition Facts may not be exact because the recipe has been altered and re-tested several times to ensure its accuracy
What Makes A Cake Moist And Fluffy?
There are a few things that you can do to make sure your cake is moist and fluffy.
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
Can I Use Peanut Butter Instead Of Butter On A Cake?
You can use peanut butter instead of butter in your cake recipe. Just make sure the peanut butter that you buy is unsalted and unsweetened.
What Makes A Cake Dry Or Moist?
There are a few things that you can do to make sure your cake is dry or moist.
- Oil or melted butter
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- Flour or other ingredients are not measured properly
What Is Better For Cakes Baking Soda Or Baking Powder?
You can use baking powder and soda to make the cake texture light and fluffy. Baking powder is preferred by many because it produces a faster rise and better texture of the batter. Baking soda has a softer crumb, making the cake more fluffy.
How To Store And Freeze It?
Lightly grease a cake pan, line it with parchment paper, and then freeze overnight. To thaw, remove from freezer and allow to warm up to room temperature for about 2-3 hours.
Cake can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer section of your kitchen for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container or ziplocked bag. If you prefer not to freeze this recipe, try storing it in the fridge and defrost slightly before serving.
I hope these recipes for Peanut Butter Cake are something that you love. You will surely enjoy making the cake and serving it to your family and friends. I will keep updating the recipe with more exciting and unique flavours of The Peanut Butter Cake Recipe.