pioneer woman cranberry salad is a classic holiday dish that has been a staple at American tables for decades. The sweet-tart flavor of cranberries pairs perfectly with various ingredients, including apples, oranges, nuts, and more.
One recipe that stands out is the Pioneer Woman cranberry salad. This recipe is not only delicious but also easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a perfect addition to any holiday menu.
Table of Contents
how to make pioneer woman cranberry salad?
- 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of raisins
1. Rinse the cranberries and pick out any stems or leaves.
2. Combine the sugar, water, and orange juice in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the cranberries to the saucepan and return the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the cranberries have popped and the mixture has thickened.
4. Remove the cranberry mixture from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
5. Once the cranberry mixture has cooled, stir in the diced apples, walnuts, and raisins.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the cranberry salad in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. Before serving, stir the cranberry salad well and adjust the sweetness to your liking. If the salad is too tart, add more sugar to taste.
Take To Prepare pioneer woman cranberry salad
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes (including chilling time)
- Servings: 8-10 servings
Here is the approximate nutrition information for one serving (based on eight servings):
Please note that these approximate values may vary depending on the ingredients used.
How To Store And Freeze
To store the Pioneer Woman cranberry salad, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Before serving, stir the salad well and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
If you want to freeze the cranberry salad, it’s best to freeze it before adding the diced apples, walnuts, and raisins. Transfer the cooled cranberry mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for three months. To thaw, transfer the container to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight. Once melted, stir in the diced apples, walnuts, and raisins, and serve chilled.
05 best health benefits
Cranberries, the main ingredient in Pioneer Woman cranberry salad, have health benefits. Here are some of the best health benefits of consuming cranberries:
Rich in antioxidants:
Cranberries are high in antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Antioxidants have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Promotes urinary tract health:
Cranberries are known for their ability to promote urinary tract health. They contain compounds that prevent bacteria from adhering to the bladder and urinary tract walls, reducing the risk of infection.
Boosts immune system:
Cranberries are a good source of vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system. Vitamin C helps produce white blood cells, the body’s first line of defense against infections.
Supports heart health:
Cranberries have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. They contain flavonoids, which have been shown to improve blood vessel function and reduce inflammation.
Lowers the risk of cancer:
Cranberries contain compounds called proanthocyanins, which have been shown to have anti-cancer properties. Studies have found that consuming cranberries may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
Can I eat cranberries raw?
Yes, you can eat raw cranberries, but they are quite tart and may not be as enjoyable as when cooked or sweetened. Some people enjoy snacking on dried cranberries or adding them to salads or trail mix for a sweet and tangy flavor.
What flavors go with cranberry?
Cranberries have a tart flavor that pairs well with sweet or savory dishes. Some flavors that go well with cranberry include orange, cinnamon, maple, ginger, and nutmeg. Cranberries also pair well with meats such as turkey, pork, and chicken.
Should cranberries be served hot or cold?
Cranberries can be served either hot or cold, depending on the dish. The Pioneer Woman cranberry salad is served chilled, while cranberry sauce is served hot. Cranberry juice can be either hot or cold, depending on personal preference.
Is cranberry dressing healthy?
Cranberry dressing can be a healthy addition to your diet, depending on the ingredients used. For example, the Pioneer Woman cranberry salad contains fresh cranberries, apples, walnuts, and raisins, all of which are nutrient-dense foods. However, if a dressing contains added sugar or high amounts of unhealthy fats, it may not be as healthy.
It’s always a good idea to check the nutrition information and ingredients list before consuming a cranberry dressing to ensure it fits your dietary needs and goals.
pioneer woman cranberry casserole
The Pioneer Woman cranberry casserole is a delicious, festive side dish perfect for the holiday season. This dish has fresh cranberries, crushed pineapple, sugar, eggs, and a crispy pecan topping. Here’s how to make it:
- One bag (12 ounces) of fresh cranberries
- One can (20 ounces) of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Two large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse the cranberries and spread them evenly in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon the crushed pineapple over the cranberries, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of sugar over the fruit mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the flour and 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit mixture into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the cranberries are soft and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
The Pioneer Woman cranberry casserole is a delicious and unique twist on traditional cranberry sauce. It’s sweet, tangy, and crunchy all at once, making it a perfect addition to any holiday meal.
In conclusion, cranberries are a versatile and nutritious fruit that can be used in various dishes. The Pioneer Woman cranberry salad and cranberry casserole are two delicious and festive dishes that highlight the unique flavor of cranberries.
They are delicious and offer numerous health benefits, such as promoting urinary tract health, boosting the immune system, and reducing the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer. Cranberries are a great choice whether you’re looking for a side dish for your holiday meal or a healthy snack.