Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe is a sweet twist on the classic jello shot. These sugar-free shots make with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and can be mixed up minutes before setting overnight.
These sugar free jello shots are perfect for parties because you can make them ahead. They won’t be as fizzy, but they will set into a delicious treat perfect for serving at your next party or get-together.
Why I Love This Recipe?
I love this sugar free jello shot recipe because it’s a great way to sneak veggies into your diet. The gelatin, paired with the juice, results in a fabulous texture. And did I mention that they are sugar-free? These sugar free jello shots have zero calories and no added sugar.
Benefits of Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe
- Easy to make
- No added sugar
- Sweet and sour taste
- Setting overnight
- Can be made ahead of time
- Great for parties
- Saves leftovers for the next day
- This Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe tweaked with different flavors and colors
- Great way to sneak in veggies!
- It’s delicious!
How To Make Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe?
- 2 Cups fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp agar powder
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 1 Cup chilled water
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cup
- Liquid measuring cup (ml or oz.)
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon/Whisk (to stir liquid)
- Glass Jars with lids (to store and serve)
Gather all the ingredients. Make sure you get some strawberries, lemon juice, and water before you start.
Slice the strawberries into smaller pieces to make it easier for your blender to break down the fruit and extract the juice.
Add water, lemon juice, sliced strawberries, agar powder, and gelatin powder in a blender. Blend until smooth and all ingredients are combined. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula to ensure that everything is blended thoroughly.
Transfer the blended strawberry puree into a mixing bowl and whisk in the lemon zest. Set the mixture aside for 30-60 minutes to set and infuse flavors.
Pour the chilled lemon juice mixture into your prepared jars and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours or longer. You can also freeze them if you want to store them in a freezer until ready to serve later on.
- You can add other fruit to this recipe for a delicious variation.
- You can add other ingredients to this recipe, such as mint leaves, passion fruit, cinnamon sticks, or other spices.
- If you plan to store these shots in the freezer, try to use glass jars, so they are longer than plastic jars, which tend to break down over time and lose their sealing abilities once they have opened.
- Don’t forget to seal the lids of your jars before refrigerating. If you don’t cover your jars, they may leak and create a mess in your refrigerator or freezer.
- If you want glass shot glasses instead of jars, you can buy them at any party or dollar store.
- You may need to adjust the water/fruit ratio depending on how thick or thin you want to make your jello shots.
Nutrition Facts Of Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe
Amount per serving (1g)
The nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on the specific ingredients used.
05 serving ideas of Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe
1. You can use these shots as a refreshing snack or dessert on hot summer days.
2. You can also take these shots to the gym and drink them between sets to enhance your overall workout performance.
3. These tasty shots are also great after dinner when you want a sweet treat but don’t have room for a cookie or cake. They are also great for dessert after a meal and help round out your meal plan regarding calories and nutrients.
4. You can also take these shots to parties, graduations, or other celebrations. They are easy to make ahead of time and will be ready in no time.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to serve these shots with a fresh fruit salad. Wedge of lemon, these shots will be the perfect desserts you can imagine.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
- Total time: 8 hours or overnight (+30 min to freeze)
- Serving size: 1 shot
Is sugar free jello actually sugar free?
This recipe is sugar-free because these shots make with lemon juice and gelatin powder instead of regular flour and sugar. These ingredients give the images a unique taste but have zero calories and no added sugar.
What is the water-to-alcohol ratio for jello shots?
To make this recipe more delicious, you must use a higher water-to-alcohol ratio than the traditional jello recipes. The recipe here used 2 cups of juice and 1 cup of water to cover 1 cup of gelatin.
What alcohol works best for jello shots?
The answer is vodka if you are looking for the best alcohol to use with jello shots. For our recipe above, we used vodka because it has a neutral flavor, but you can also use rum, tequila, or even whiskey. Vodka is the preferred choice because it will be less expensive and have consistent taste throughout the jello shot.
Can you get drunk off of a Jello Shot?
Our recipe above is sweet and sour jello shots without any added sugar. Although you can get drunk off it, the goal is to make it sweet and delicious and not give your body alcohol. So, yes, you can get drunk off these shots if you don’t put too much alcohol in them.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
As long as your shots don’t have any alcohol or sugar, it is safe for pregnant and nursing women to eat. However, if you are looking for a recipe with no alcohol, please try it since it is perfectly safe.
How To Store Sugar Free Jello Shot Recipe?
Store prepared jello shots in the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours before serving.
Since we don’t need to use the typical ingredients and instead use lemon zest and agar powder, we can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that these shots are entirely safe for people to eat.
Besides that, you will also love these jello shots since they taste amazing and have a lot of healthy benefits. Don’t forget to leave a comment below and let me know what you think about this recipe so far.