Sweet Cream Butter is a simple recipe you can easily make at home. Something unbelievably satisfying about how it tastes when you take your first bite, a taste reminiscent of fond memories from childhood. Let’s get started!
Benefits Of Sweet Cream Butter
- Mainly used in baking and cooking
- Great in salads and other cold dishes
- It can be used as a topping for ice cream or cheesecake
- Great in pancakes, waffles, and toasting pieces of bread
- Sweet cream butter comes in three varieties – organic, organic-light, and regular (that means no added sugar)
- Low in saturated fats
- High in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats
- Very low in cholesterol and sodium content
- Availability Of Sweet Cream Butter
How To Make Unsalted Butter?
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Medium-sized pot
- Whisk or hand mixer with a stainless steel bowl and whisk (or even a spoon)
- A small saucepan for heating water
Pour the cream into a medium-sized pan. Heat it until it reaches the boiling point.
Remove from heat, then stir and let stand for 5 minutes before whisking again to prevent separation of Fat from whey (the separation happens when you pour the hot cream slowly).
Place the bowl or whisk in a large pot filled with hot water so that water won’t reach the bottom of the bowl or whisk. Whisk the cream over medium heat until it thickens and gives way to a thick, frothy consistency. Sweet Cream Butter may take 5 minutes or so.
Remove from heat and place in a small bowl. Add the salt if you want salted butter, or leave it out if you want unsalted butter. Cover with plastic wrap (you can use foil) and allow to cool.
- You can also make butter using this recipe if you want butter with less Fat.
- If you store butter in the refrigerator, leave some room at the top for expansion and the formation of a whey layer on top (it will separate from the milk fat). It will prevent separation during storage.
- Instead of salt, you can add vanilla extract to your sweet cream butter to give it a wonderful aroma and subtle flavor without adding any added sugar.
Nutrition Facts Of Sweet Cream Butter
Amount Per Serving
09 Amazing Health Benefits Of Sweet Cream Butter
1. It has low saturated fats, which are good for the heart and overall health. It is rich in unsaturated fats that help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels.
2. It is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Folate, and Magnesium.
3. Because it is rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids, sweet cream butter can cause weight loss by increasing metabolism or maintaining normal body weight when consumed in moderation (1 tablespoon a day).
4. It contains small amounts of Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, Phytic Acid, and Calcium.
5. It contains iron, which is good for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
6. It can help lower blood cholesterol levels by improving the body’s absorption of dietary Fat. It may decrease fatty acid oxidation (fatty acid oxidation is the process that converts saturated fatty acids into harmful free radicals).
7. It contains small amounts of Vitamin A, Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), and Niacin.
8. It contains small amounts of Phytic Acid, Copper, Zinc, Vitamin E, and Selenium.
9. It contains some Beta-Carotene, an antioxidant that can lower the risk of cancer by preventing harmful substances in the body from turning into cancer-causing substances.
How Is Sweet Cream Butter Made?
The churning makes sweet Cream Butter of milk fats (from cow’s milk). The process of turning butter into sweet cream butter is a simple one. First, you need to heat the cream at a high temperature until it becomes hot enough to make butter but not hot enough to evaporate all its water.
Once the hot cream is ready, use a whisk or a hand mixer to mix intensively for about 5 minutes. Sweet Cream Butter allows the water and buttermilk to separate from the Fat.
What Is The Difference Between Regular Butter And Sweet Cream Butter?
Regular butter is made from cow’s milk. It has a solid, creamy texture and a mild flavor hinting at the animal’s milk. Sweet cream butter is made from cow’s milk but with an addition of 1-2 Tbsp of powdered sugar-free sweetener.
Is Sweet Cream Butter Just Butter?
No, It is made from cow’s milk and tastes comparable to regular butter but with a milder and sweeter flavor.
What Can I Use If I Don't Have Sweet Cream Butter?
You can use regular butter if you don’t have sweet cream butter. Sweet cream butter is just butter that is sweeter than regular butter and has a milder flavor.
Does Sweet Cream Butter Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, it does. Store sweet cream butter in the refrigerator and use it within a week or two.
Is Sweet Cream Butter A Healthier Alternative To Regular Butter?
It is a healthy alternative to regular butter because it has less saturated fats, which are good for the heart, and more unsaturated fats that help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Sweet Cream Butter?
Some people may experience acne when consuming sweet cream butter because it contains vitamin A.
Is It Safe For Pregnant And Nursing Women?
It is safe for pregnant and nursing women to consume sweet cream butter. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the baby’s brain development. Saturated fats in sweet cream butter also help build strong bones and teeth for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
Can I Freeze And Store It?
If you have leftovers, place them in the freezer and store them for 4-8 weeks.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
It is a type of butter that has a milder, sweeter taste. It is made from cow’s milk but contains added sugar-free sweetener and has less saturated fats, which are good for heart health.
Sweet cream butter has been known to help lower cholesterol and is a healthy alternative to regular butter. I hope you found this post helpful. If you liked the post, please share it by pressing the social media icons below.